A tune-up for your heating system, also known as maintenance, isn’t just a quick visual review of your heating system in Corona, CA – it’s a thorough appointment that also includes small repair, inspection, performance testing and safety testing. Understanding what happens during a heating tune-up can help shine the light on why scheduling annual maintenance for your heating system is so important. It’s equally important to have maintenance performed by a certified and trained technician to ensure that you gain all the benefits of your heating tune-up, and that all tasks are performed correctly. The expert technicians at Total Comfort, Inc., have the training and expertise to tune any heating system, so call us today!
What Happens During a Heating Tune-Up?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a heating tune-up:
- Check thermostat
- Visual inspection of ductwork
- Check all valves
- Check all components
- Clean components as necessary
- Change air filter
- Inspect and clean burner assembly
- Adjust burner assembly as needed
- Check refrigerant levels (heat pumps)
- Check outdoor unit (heat pumps)
- Perform safety tests
- Test system for performance
- Inspect flue
Benefits of a Heating Tune-Up
Here are some of the important benefits of a heating tune-up:
- Safety – combustion systems are very safe, but the thorough inspection that occurs during a maintenance appointment helps ensure that all components are in good working order and that safety mechanisms are functioning properly.
- Better energy efficiency – every heating system is made to operate at a certain level of heating efficiency, but when the components are worn and dirty, it can be very hard for your unit to achieve this level of efficiency. The cleaning and adjusting that your system receives during a heating tune-up helps your system to operate optimally.
- Prevents Repair – the thorough inspection of your system allows the technician to detect any existing or developing problems, and make small repairs. Should a larger issue be discovered, you’ll be alerted and given the opportunity to schedule an appointment for repair.
The safe and efficient operation of your heating system is critical for you and your home. If it’s been more than 12 months since your last heating tune-up, call Total Comfort, Inc., today and schedule your heating maintenance in Corona, with one of our expert technicians.