Your thermostat is the instrument responsible for turning your air conditioning system on and off. Thermostats can malfunction just as any other part of your AC and for several reasons. It can be challenging to determine what the issue may be with a thermostat, which is why Total Comfort Inc., offers thermostat repair, replacement and installation as part of its overall air conditioning services in Corona. Having problems with your thermostat? Call us today.
Signs of Problems with Your Thermostat
Here are some common signs that something may be wrong with your thermostat:
- System won’t turn on – if your system won’t turn on, the thermostat is the first place you should check. Sometimes settings are accidentally changed or batteries can die; there could also be a mechanical problem.
- System won’t turn off – this can be a serious problem as the constant running of your system can burn out the components in your air conditioner. If you experience this issue, call your technician right away.
- System constantly turns on and off – if your system is constantly clicking on and off versus cycling appropriately, call a technician for assistance as this can lead to premature wear and tear.
- Room temperature doesn’t match actual temperature – a thermostat that isn’t reading the room temperature correctly can drive up your energy usage.
Types of Thermostats
There are 4 main types of thermostats our Total Comfort Inc., technicians install:
- Digital – digital thermostats allow you to be very precise with your temperature setting, which can help you with energy efficiency. Additionally, the buttons are intuitive and the face is easy to read.
- Programmable – programmable thermostats allow you a great deal of control over how much cooling you use. You can program your thermostat to accommodate for different times of day, weekends and vacation times.
- Wireless – wireless thermostats work by using a main receiver that transmits information to all the wireless thermostats in your home. The receiver replaces your wired thermostat, and connects to your HVAC system just like a standard wired thermostat does. Most wireless thermostats are programmable, and can set programs for up to 7 days.
- Smart – smart thermostats use Wi-Fi technology to operate, allowing you to access your thermostat from virtually anywhere at anytime – all you need is your smart device and a simple app. Smart thermostats allow you to track and monitor your energy usage, and you can program your thermostat at any time.
A new thermostat can help you achieve better energy efficiency and comfort. If you are seeing the signs that your current thermostat may need replacing, call Total Comfort, Inc., today and schedule an appointment for air conditioning service in Corona.